Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer Reading

I just finally finished reading "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver. Holy Cow this is a big read. Not just in length but it is something that you can't really skim over and it takes some time to get into. I am definitely glad I read it and I got a much bigger understanding of the political history of some parts of Africa, which is really tragic. The thing I liked the most from this book is you get to follow this family's journey as they go to a small African village to be "missionaries" there. It's pretty interesting. If you are looking for something to tackle for the summer, this is a good one.

2 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

This looks like a good one. I will start it after I figure out how to raise a baby! That was so cute of Abbie to tell me to name him Jack. I hope you huys have a great weekend!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Jaime- HI! You have such cute girls! Glad to hear you are liking Utah!
It was fun reading your blog!

meredith urry (jones)