Monday, January 21, 2008

My kids always give it to me straight...

Don't you just love how your kids will always tell you exactly what they're thinking, especially when it comes to YOU. Here are a few examples from our house this last week.
Lillie: (In a very excited voice) "Mommy! Your hair is two colors! Brown up top and blond on the bottom.
Me: (In my head) "I think it might be time to call for a hair appointment."


Abbie: (While looking at my hands) "Mommy, your hand looks like a man's hand."
Brad: (Lots and lots of laughing...thanks honey)
Me: (In my head) I can't wait until I have this baby and I'm not so swollen so that my five year old doesn't start telling everyone her mommy's hands look like a man.


This last one happened a few weeks ago and was just too funny. We were walking into the bishop's office for tithing settlement and this is what was said...
Lillie: "Are we seeing the Bishop?"
Me: "Ya, we are going to give him our tithing."
Lillie: "But, is the Bishop going to cut my arm off?"
Me: Laughing "What? No, the bishop will not cut your arm off. It's not the doctor. And the doctor wouldn't cut your arm off either."
Bishop: Just laughed and quickly offered Lillie some chocolate to make her like him.

8 comments:

Alifinale said...

Ah kids...I love what they say. It cracks me up even if it is a little insulting. Now if husbands said that same things....not so cute.

katie and co. said...

KILLING Me...those are all so funny! Thanks for the laughs!

Becky said...

Kids say the funniest things, I LOVE it!! ONLY 18 days to go, wow!! Keep us posted!

Chante said...

The man hands comment is so funny! Kids are so cute!

Corinne said...

I love it...those are so great!

McCall said...

they are too funny.

Becky said...

I need your email adress Jaime, I went private! Send it to me at

daysegrl@cox.net

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

All I can say is HAHAHAHA! Especially over the comment lillie made about the bishop cutting her arm off. That is just to funny. OK, crazy scary that you only have 12 days left till your due date. I freaked when I saw that I only had 19, and then I realized that you have less than I do. CRAZY!!!