Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Conversation with my 8 yr old

This conversation took place last night while I was in the middle of cooking dinner in super speed because Penny was crying and waiting for me to feed her.

Abbie: "Mom, where is my sling that I had when they thought I broke my arm?"
Me: "Why do you need it?"
Abbie: "Because I have a cut on my arm."
Me: "Ummm, Ok. It's in your room either under your bed or in that purse you have hanging on your bed post."
--Abbie goes away and comes back 5 seconds later--
Abbie: "Mom, it's not in there. I looked everywhere."
Me: "Did you look under your bed and in that purse hanging on your bed post?"
Abbie: (in her most annoyed voice) "Yeeeessss, it's not anywhere, can you come find it, puhlease?"
Me: "If I come and look for it, and I find it, you owe me money."
Abbie: (thinks for a second) "How much?"
Me: "One dollar"
Abbie: (pauses) "Hold on..."
--Abbie goes back to her room and comes out with the sling one second later.--
Abbie: "Nevermind mom, I found it."
Me: "Where was it?"
Abbie: "Under my bed"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to use the "you owe me money" tactic from now on. Man, if I'd been doing that....I'd have a few pair of shoes every month!

Shauna said...

i'm pretty sure i've had a similar conversation with justin (my husband) :)

Aly G said...

Oh that is funny! I like the "you will owe me money" thing! I might have to try this! I think our girls are alot alike at this age!:)