Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Don't mess with a pregnant lady...

I don't know about anyone else when they are pregnant, but I can get even more demanding and blunt than I already am. Having said that, now I will tell you why there is a picture of a Christmas tree in this post. For the past few years, Brad and I have taken our kids to cut down our own Christmas tree. It was just a fun idea one year that now has turned into our own little family tradition. Well, now that we are living in Utah, I wasn't sure where or when permits go on sale. I totally procrastinated and finally looked it up online Saturday. I found out that the spot we want to go to was almost sold out. So, I called the Ranger Station this morning (they were closed Mon for Veteran's Day) and asked how many they had left. She said only 25 and there were already 4 people there right then. So, I threw on some sweats (I looked hot) and my kids and I sped up to the Heber Ranger Station (about a 40 min. drive from our house). We pulled in and were getting out of the car (which with my 2 kids takes FOREVER) another car pulls into the parking lot AFTER us and 3 people get out and walk ahead of us into the station (walking with my 2 kids also takes FOREVER). When we got inside I heard those people asking the lady how many permits were left and she said 3, and they said they would take all three. I'm sure you all know where this story is going....but I will finish anyway. I kind of freaked out in my head, but SORT OF calmly said to them, "Do you REALLY need all three?" They just kind of stared at me and were like, "umm, I don't know, umm, maybe, well, umm, let's see.... Basically, they didn't know what to say because I think the look on my face might have been a little scary. To make an already long story short, the pregnant lady dressed in sweats, with her two kids, left the ranger station with a permit to cut down her very first tree in Utah in her hand. Thank you, thank you.

15 comments:

Bill said...

You go, Girl....You go, Pregnant Girl! I am very proud to call you my friend.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I'm so proud of you! So did the people decide on just 2 permits?

The Potters said...

You are so funny! I think the only time I would have the guts to ask that other family to share was when I was prego ... LOVE IT!!! I really hope you find a good lookin tree :)

Alifinale said...

Good for you standing up for what you want! I am so glad you get to keep your tradition!

Katie said...

That is hilarious. I would have been ticked and done the same thing. I'm glad they didn't REALLY need all 3! Way to go! Have fun! Can't wait to see pictures of your cute tree!

McCall said...

only jaime! way to go.

Shauna said...

That's awesome! It made me laugh out loud :)

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Hahaha. You are too funny. I am a very grumpy pregnant lady and I definitely would not have taken that! I'm glad you got your permit.

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

Jaime I love that story. I can just picture you with your kids. That is hilarious! Good for you!

Becky said...

Way to go Jaime!! I am glad you spoke up...even if it was the pregnancy talking :D
Enjoy your tree!!!

KatieJ said...

That is so funny! You totally deserved that for driving all that way with your kids, I'm so glad you spoke up! Enjoy that real pine smell!

The Fuller Family said...

That was the best story. Way to go!!

R Family said...

Hey, I can change everything back if you want! Hope you like it. jacque

christy said...

jamie...i am so excited that i found your blog...how the heck are you?? youe site is so cute and your girls are darling...congrats on #3...ours came in may, but we had our first boy...hey, i lost your new address card, if you could, e-mail it to me...tytes2@yahoo.com...look forward to hearing from you...christy vance (stabler) (8th ward)

Pepper Lovin! said...

Jamie I love it! but that is one of the most fun things about living in Utah. I miss it so much. Anyway I got my hair cute by Kimmy a couple weeks ago and she misses you and hates that you don't live here. so cute. We are coming up for Christmas and I am so excited. You family is so cute.

Rachel (Bradshaw)Bostock