Thursday, November 1, 2007

"There's no place like home..."

My girls were fighting it out this year to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. No matter how hard I tried to get one of them to change their minds, it didn't work. So, I took Abbie to the costume store with me and we happened to see the Glenda (the good witch from the Wizard of Oz) costume and once she saw the princess sparkly dress, she was in love. For weeks now, they have been trying their costumes on and turning on the movie, then acting out the scenes as their characters, it is hilarious. Luckily, the weather was good to us, no snow or rain, just a chilly wind. It was a fun night.
Jackson, Scott and McCall brought dinner over and trick-or-treated with us. Jackson was the cutest pirate, but for some reason I missed getting a picture of all three of them. I might have to steal one from McCall's blog.

These are pics of our FHE Monday night carving pumpkins. The girls were excited because they picked these pumkins from a real pumpkin patch on a preschool field trip. They were so proud and loved getting messy.





9 comments:

The Fuller Family said...

Abbie and Lillie look adorable. Lillie made the perfect Dorthy and Abbie is such a cute, Glenda. I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving. Miss you!!

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

The girls are so cute! We miss you guys. When are you coming down next? We need to get together. Tell Abbie and Lilly that Maya says hi.

Katie said...

They look so great in their costumes! One of my FAVORITE themes for Halloween!

Shauna said...

Those costumes are dang cute... my favorite themed ones of the year :)

The Potters said...

Okay, can it get any sweeter than this? Gonna be hard to top next year :) Too cute!

Maury said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the costumes!

Becky said...

Your girls are so cute. And as soon as I have a girl she is so being Dorothy...I've loved that costume since before I had kids!!

Miss Fergie said...

I can't believe how long lilie's hair is. She looks so much like you. So cute!

KatieJ said...

Your girls are so beautiful- I love their costumes! And those snow pictures below are awesome- I wish we had snow!