Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Family Time

Saturday we decided it would be fun to take the girls and hike to Timpanogas Cave. It is a 3 1/2 mile hike round trip with a huge cave at the top where they give tours every 10 minutes. Once we actually made it to the top, we weren't sure if we were brave or stupid for doing this with our 5 yr. old, 3 yr. old and 3 month old girls. All in all, it turned out to be a great day. It cost $3 to get into the canyon and $5 for a tour of the cave. I would totally recommend it for anyone looking for something fun to do with your fam. These pictures are way out of order, but Lucy is going to wake up soon, so I'm not going to redo them.

Me and Lillie in the cave in front of the "heart" of the cave. Pretty cool. OK, any opinions on my hat? It was so great having my face shaded the entire day, but having said that, after looking at the pictures, I think I look like a dork.

Us at the top right after we got out of the cave. How funny is Lillie's pose?

Two sweethearts
Poor Brad carried Lucy both ways, I think his shoulders were ready to fall off by the end.
Ya, that's a Care Bear backpack that I'm wearing....only one I could find that morning...nice.
In the cave...it was chilly, 43 degrees year-round inside.
Small lake in the cave

11 comments:

Diana said...

What a fun family day trip! We need to do that. We've lived here a year and haven't dont Timp and it's like five miles away. We're losers! The boys would have so much fun doing this. Maybe I'll stay behind and get my nails done. :)

Nikkel said...

It's been forever since I've been there, but I remember loving it. Are you just loving being in Utah? Your girls are growing up fast.

christy said...

What a fun day!! I totally love family days!! I will have to remember this hike next time we are there!! Could your girls be any cuter!?!?!? Darling family!!!

Shauna said...

That cave is awesome... you're brave to take your whole family! You look cute in your hat I think and so does Brad in the Barbie backpack :)

Miss Fergie said...

You guys are so adventurous, and to take the baby on a hike, seriously my shoulders would fall off for sure. Taylor is seriously huge. That picture with you and Lily, she looks so much like you! When do you come out again? Can't wait!

katie and co. said...

I'm embarrassed to say that in all my 27 years of living there, I never once hiked Timpanogoes. BUT, everyone else that I grew up did so it's just me that's a loser. Fun to see pictures!

Manne Family said...

Ok a 3 mile hike with 3 kids...BRAVO! Wow...what a cute family you all are! How is Utah? Wow it has been years since I have been there! Hope all is well! P.S. you look cute in the hat Jamie :) Love ya Kris

Corinne said...

That sounds really fun...really hard, but really fun! love the hat!

KatieJ said...

We hiked Timpanogos as a family when I was a kid- I loved it! Your girls are all so beautiful! I love the blessing dress pictures below- so cute!

Autumn Hardy said...

hey lady! just passed by your profile! your little girls are all so adorable!its nuts how everybody has BABIES!!! glad to see you are doing fantastic!

autumn

Becky said...

I love that there are so many fun things like that to do in Utah!!! So fun...