Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Day of School

Abbie started 2nd grade this year and Lillie started Kindergarten. We signed the papers on our new house we are renting the day before school started, drove straight to the new school and registered them, then went to meet the teacher that night. The next morning, these brave little girls started their new school. Luckily my sister's kids go to this school too, so they knew their cousins and that helped them feel a little bit better. They adjusted so quickly and have loved their new school. We didn't move into our house until 3 weeks after school started so I had to drive them 20 minutes each way for those first weeks, but now we just walk down the street. It's so great and they are making good friends already.
Fresh faced and ready to go.



I made them take a picture like they were walking out the door ready to leave, even though we had to drive.





Abbie was pretty nervous...this is her 3rd elementary school. She has been to a different one every year so far, but hopefully we can just stay put for a while now. I think that she felt better knowing that Lillie was also starting new and they could do it together.


Lillie on the Kindergarten playground. She did so great with all day school, she was definitely ready. She finally told me, "ok mom, you can go now."



Lining up and heading in with all of her school supplies.

3 comments:

Aly G said...

Oh they look so cute! I am so glad they are loving school & making friends! Kids are so adaptable its us grown ups that it is harder on I swear! I was so worried for Hadley & Bryton too in a new school/state, and I think I did all the worrying for all of us!! They are such dolls! Tell Abbie hi for Hadley!;)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Loving all your new posts! Such cute girls! I can't wait to see them!!

Jaime I'm loving your prego pics! You look awesome. You are so close to the finish line!!!

Shauna said...

K they look so happy for 1st day at a new school! That's so nice for you.