Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Time Flies

It seems like time is just flying by. I can't believe we've already been in Utah for 2 months now! I feel like I am finally adjusting, meeting new friends, and actually finding things I love. So...here are some of my favorites about Utah so far.












Gateway Mall--How could anyone not love this mall. The girls and I spent a day out there last week and had so much fun. The first pic is the girls trying on scarves in Anthropologie. They are my little diva's (check out Lillie's model expression). They were so excited to try out the water fountain area and we even brought towels and swimsuits, but of course, the one day we drive all the way out there is the day it was closed for maintenance! Oh well, it all worked out because we found the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to drown our troubles in chocolate. Oh my gosh, this place is amazing. If you've never been to one, find one and enjoy.


Tai Pan--This place is packed with everything you would ever need to put the final decorating touches on your house. The other great thing is that the prices are totally reasonable.






Great Connections--Thankfully, I have a super nice sister-in-law that has a sweet family who takes pity on us and invites us to do fun things with them. On Memorial Day we got to tag along with them on a trip to Deer Creek Lake. Only the guys were brave enough to put on a wetsuit and freeze their buns off in the icy water (literally, this lake is all the snow run off). We had a great time and the girls loved their first boat ride.


Liberty Park--This is a gigantic park in Salt Lake and has pretty much everything you can think of to do here. There is a little carnival place with a farris wheel and cute little kid rides, a place to eat, tennis and basketball courts, tons of different playground and picnic areas and the favorite for my kids...the water area. We didn't realize this place was here and we didn't have swimsuits or anything, but as you can see, that didn't stop the kids from having a blast (this picture was taken when there were still pretty dry). We brought a picnic dinner and were there for a few hours. What a great place to spend a Saturday.
















Thanksgiving Point--One day a couple weeks ago some new friends took us to The Farm and then lunch at the Deli there. My girls had a blast and it was so much fun. There are tons of things to do here all year round and we only live a couple minutes away, so we are definitely getting a year pass.

2 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

What a blast you guys are having. I am so jealous that I am not there with you guys! Thanks for all the baby advice, it really helped me pick everything out. Love ya! oh I love the picture of the girls in anthro. So cute!

Shauna said...

Hey Jaime - Cute blog and cute family! I'm making a note of all these fun places - we're coming to a reunion in a couple weeks and I haven't been to Utah forever!